The following recipe was brought to us by the letter C. Just kidding. It’s from my good friend’s mother-in-law, Chrissy. Thanks, Chrissy! these were delish!
I did modify the recipe a tad, as always. 🙂
Taco Shells Pasta
1 package light cream cheese with chives
18 jumbo pasta shells
1 lb of grnd beef or turkey
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp. chili powder
2 tbsp. melted butter
1 c. prepared taco sauce
1 c. cheddar cheese (shredded)
1 c. sour cream
3 green onions, chopped
1. Soften cream cheese. Cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
2. Cook pasta according to directions on package.
3. While pasta is cooking, brown beef/turkey over medium high. Drain drippings.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a small baking pan.
5. Reduce heat on meat to med-low. Add cream cheese, salt and chili powder. Simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Toss shells with melted butter. Scoop meat mixture into shells. Arrange shells in prepared pan. Pour taco sauce over each shell (do enough so shells don’t dry out!.)
7. Top with shredded cheese, cover, and put in oven for 15 minutes.
8 When warmed to your liking, top with sour cream and green onions. Garnish with lettuce/tomatoes/etc. if you want!