Jennifer & Jon already bring to the table a too-perfect “how we met” story To read it, click on the link in their names to be taken to their engagement session blog post. but other elements of their relationship and their wedding day followed suit.
- Let’s get the obvious out of the way. They are gorgeous. They come from gorgeous parents and have gorgeous siblings. After staring at their photos for so long while editing, it finally dawned on me whom Jennifer resembles. Remember Aunt Becky from Full House? 🙂
- Jennifer works for a bridal gown designer, so she brought that into the wedding. She combined two dresses to make one, very unique stunning gown. And she also had the wedding dresses from the parents and grandparents on both sides of her and Jon’s family displayed at the reception. What a timeless exhibit!!! 🙂
- Jon has a kickbutt job too… his company owns two racecars and he is hoping to become the driver for one of the cars soon! It’s a dream for him. And possibly might have been the reason he didn’t mind watching THE BACHELORETTE this season with Jen since one of the main contenders was a racecar driver and the Bachelorette herself has ties to the racing world Jon is all-too familiar with. 🙂
- Jen’s bridesmaids were all giggles and jokes. Some were family members, others friends. All of them were more than ready to help her with anything she needed–even if it required helping her cool down under two layers of dresses.
- Hands down, this was my favorite father-seeing-daughter moment. Jennifer’s father is a handsome man, and he’s not too proud to tear up when emotion overtakes him. His openness was met with tears streaming down all the ladies’ faces… including mine!!!! No joke.And when Jen’s mom joined the group hug, I was a goner. I’m surprised I could even continue shooting.
- The guys were all dashing gentlemen, ready to laugh at any moment. And they tore it up on the dancefloor later.
- The three ringbearers weren’t just brothers–they were triplets! And within the set of 3 is a pair of identical twins. How crazy is that?! And how cute are they!?
- The ceremony venue, Saint Xavier church in Kansas City, gave off a tinted lavender glow from the stained-glass windows that actually matched Jen & Jon’s wedding colors!!!
- Jen & Jon were to drive to the reception venue in a classic car. I was about 10 cars behind them in the caravan. When they got to a busy intersection up the street from the final destination, the car stalled out. I was too far away in traffic with cars behind me and in front of me, so I am sooooo bummed I couldn’t hop out and get pictures of this sight, but… wedding party and guests got out and pushed the car out of the precarious spot on the street and into a parking lot. And to boot–the bride and groom only laughed about it!
When the couple and wedding party did arrive to the venue at Halbrook Country Club in Leawood, it was nearing dusk. But the dim light brought out the magical hues of lavender and pinks even more. Absolutely dreaminess…sigh!
Other than dinner, the fun took place outdoors under small white lanterns and in the magenta light of an awesome cover band: Private Stock.
- The bride’s second look–removing the ballroom skirt and sporting some pink converse shoes and a different hairpiece/veil ensemble was just as classy. Does her sense of style know no bounds??
- Despite the high humidity, and the threat of storms, everyone stayed jovial and rain-free. The glow of the party was so enchanting amid the darkness of the golf course.
- Rachel Holt, my assistant, and I had many laughs with this group and many sighs with the beauty of the day. Jennifer wants to go into wedding planning someday and I’d say her own wedding is great fodder for her portfolio.
Jennifer & Jon– your family and friends are all lovely accoutrements for your lovely life that you’ve cemented this summer. From smiles to tears and awesome style to downright fun, your traditional affair with unconventional modern twists was AMAZING. THANK YOU for turning to me to document it!! (And a thank you to my girl, Jaime E., for introducing Jennifer to me two years ago!!!)